A neighbor/friend of mine is having a baby shower coming up this weekend. This is only the second baby shower that I have been invited to since we lost our baby. The first one I didn't attend because it was entirely too far for me to go to. I am going to this one, but I have to admit I'm pretty nervous. I already know that being around the pregnancy talk makes me extremely uncomfortable. She does know about my situation, so I know she'll try to understand if I end up having to bolt out the door. I really wanted to do something special for her because of the fact I may need to leave unexpectedly. After talking with her momma on what kind of items she needs, I started brainstorming and researching and came up with all kinds of ideas. I loved the idea of doing a "diaper cake" so that's what my original plan was. Then as I was researching more cute gifts, I found a sock bouquet and I couldn't pass up trying to make that as well. SO I combined the two and I love the results! I finally finished my little project and I"m SO EXCITED. I think its cute and I can't wait to give it to her! She did her daughter's room in Ladybugs, so that's where I got my inspiration.


2 comments:
That is SO cute! I love the sock flowers :)
Wow, that's really beautiful Gina, what a great gift, I'm sure it was well recieved. :)
Post a Comment