August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Drawing of Me?

As I was steam cleaning the carpets yesterday, my sweet daughter asked if she could draw a picture. "Of course you can," I replied. I sat her down at her Dora table handed her a red crayon and said, "Only on the paper please." After she was crouched over her paper for several minutes, I finally went over and asked if I could look at her picture. "Mom, it's a picture of you!" "Oh how sweet, I love it!" I write about this picture for a couple of reasons. 1) It's rare that she draws a picture for me, all of her pictures are for Daddy. 2) It's the first time that she has drawn a picture I could actually tell what it was. There is clearly a head, hair, eyes, mouth, body, and arms. I asked her about the hair, and she said "Mom, you have crazy hair!" Awww, thanks dear. :)
So then I asked about my face... "why am I not smiling? You drew a frown, a sad face." K says, "Because, Mom, your sad." Hrmm, interesting what little kids pick up on! Regardless, I'm so proud of her!

No comments: