August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fishing pole, Fishing rod, Fish

A year and half ago we let K get a betta. It lasted all of four months, when we went on vacation he passed. She had named the fish "Blue." Our friends were watching the house at the time and bought another "Blue" so when we came home K didn't know any different. Very deceiving huh? About a week or so after we came home, the 2nd Blue passed as well. I told K that Blue was sick and he wasn't here anymore, he went to be in fishie heaven. To this day she still talks about Blue and how he got sick. When our cat gets sick (he does quite often). She'll say "Mom, is Rin sick like Blue?" Meaning is the cat going to fishie heaven also? I always say, "He's sick, but I don't know if he is sick like Blue." Because really I don't know if the cat is going to die or not. Anyhow, with her talking about Blue and her asking over the last year and half if she can have another fish, I finally caved (spoiled much?). So she picked out another fish. He's actually quite handsome! He's blue and caudal fin is blue, but his dorsal and anal fin is almost clear with a red stripe on his anal fin. He's a crown-tail Betta, and I really don't know the difference between the Betta, other than he is male, his fins look different, and he was the most expensive one there! As we were driving home, I asked, "What are you going to name your fish?"
She replied, "Fishing pole!"
I say, "Oh, fishing pole is a wonderful name, we could call him 'pole' for short."
"Nah, she says, fishing rod."
"Even better, we can call him rod." I say.
She then says, "No, I think I'm gonna name him "Fish", that's my favorite name."
So...... "Fish" it is! 


No comments: