I decided to start this blog so family and friends can keep up with us (and possibly get to know us better). Although technology is so far advanced, it seems difficult to keep in touch with each and every person. Even so, we think of you often. We are starting a new path in our lives and would very much like to share it with those we love. I'll give updates, throw some tidbits of adoption info out there, and tell some of my thoughts and feelings as we go along!
August 2013
Just so you know...
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
A Change of Plans
So I recently found out that a "waiting" family with children on average has a longer waiting period than a couple without children. Needless to say I was a little disappointed about not being told upfront. Granted, it would not have changed our decision, but I would've liked to have known from the get-go. So from this recent information, we have decided to wait on painting and decorating the nursery. Since we are military there is no guarantee that we will be here in the next two years. We really, really want to stay here, but it's not up to us and I would hate to put all the work into getting the nursery perfect, have no baby, and then find out we have to move. So... as soon as we are matched you can bet I'm gonna be painting away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You never know. You guys have a great site and letter. We were told we'd wait about a year, and we ended up being matched in exactly 3 weeks with a baby born a month after that! So it can happen. It probably will as soon as you pack away the paint and brushes!
Hello...our agency told us the same thing. We have a 4 year old and have been waiting 23 months....NOT fun! Good luck to you!
I can see that you guys have plenty of love and a great life to give to another precious child. I wish you guys the best. I have an aunt and cousin serving as well. God Bless You Too!
Post a Comment