August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Audrey

My sister sent an email to me today and this is an excerpt from it:

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

This poem was written by Audrey Hepburn when she was asked to share her "beauty tips."





I had to share for two reasons:

1. I think at times we all forget at least one of these things. We seem to get caught up in what we think and want and forget to take a step back and look at the situation from the other point of view. I'm guilty as charged!

2. I love Audrey Hepburn. She, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful ladies of all time!

No comments: