August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Sunday, September 19, 2010

I just may be in love....

with a cloth diaper that is! I've been researching for the last 6 months or so about cloth diapers. I had actually decided when I was pregnant the 2nd time that I wanted to use cloth diapers. I, having never used them, didn't know a thing about them! I never realized all the different kinds! They sure have come a long way from the white ones with cutesy safety pins that I had always pictured a cloth diaper looking like. I really want to start making them, and I found many free patterns online that I printed out. But I'm not the best sewer around, so they weren't near as detailed as I needed. Anyhow, after all this looking on the internet, reading blogs and forums, and talking with a girl I know that uses them, I think I finally found the one! I was so excited in fact that I called my mom about material, elastic, and snaps. (She owns a quilting shop and thought she might be able to find supplies for me and she would totally understand why I was so thrilled to be making diapers!). I ordered my snap pliers and snaps and they should be here by the end of the week! I also ordered fabric to get me started.

I did try making a little AIO sample diaper and it's super easy! I've decided though, for now, I'm going to make some trainers for K. She's potty trained, but she has a difficult time making it all the way through the night. I think, for now, we need the trainers more than diapers. Either way, I'm pretty stoked about my new project!

No comments: