August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Sunday, September 12, 2010

Camping Trip

Labor Day weekend we went camping with some great friends. It was K's first time camping, so we weren't sure how she was going to act. Well, she is much like her mom and dad... she LOVES it! She was so excited to take her tinkerbell sleeping bag, although it was a bit hot to actually sleep in it!


She went fishing for the first time with Daddy and caught her first fish!



She learned how to skip rocks with Mommy...



She got to swing/hang on a vine.


















Nick made a new friend....




















C and I decided to cook a couple meals by method of dutch oven. We had to switch up a couple things because the guys weren't all that willing to dig a hole to put it in, so we put it on the campfire and put coals around it, and on top as well. We were so excited about the beef stew. Unfortunately we didn't know that by cooking it this way it cooks about 10x faster, so it didn't turn out so well....












Sooo.... We had this instead!

By the last night, we had it all down and had a wonderful meal. Although I'm a pretty big fan of hotdogs, so I didn't mind eating them. Next time, we know if it says cook for an hour, it's more like 20 minutes! I'm glad we had the chance to go, we all had a wonderful time!

1 comment:

SoggyToad said...

Such wonderful memories made! Next time we'll be pros!