August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dear Birthmother Letter

First off, let me just say, I really don't like the phrase "Birthmother Letter."

Okay, now, I can continue on.... I just sent in my 1st draft of the DBL. Literallly, I just hit send, and I seriously just got heartburn. Haha, nervous much? Yeah, I am. I know it's going to be butchered and I'm going to have to write and rewrite again, but it's almost like the end is near. It's kind of a scary feeling, good, but scary.

Oh and I also called about our FBI fingerprinting and they are being processed, but not completed yet. Blah! I'm hopeful that they will be finished by the end of this month!

3 comments:

Crista said...

Yes, it was hard to get the suggested changes back on the letter. I just sent off draft 3. I am pleased to say that our FBI clearance came through. Yea! I agree with the scary...I had a mini panic attack sending in a packet of forms the other day. Someone had to point out to me it was because this was feeling more real and final. We can do this!

Andrea said...

I don't like calling it a Dear Birthmother letter, either. I usually just refer to it as our adoption profile. Our text was revised three times, which I didn't think was too bad. My advice would be to go ahead and make all the changes they recommend... there were a few changes I didn't really want to make, because I felt like our letter ended up sounding like everyone else's. But, I thought it would be best to just make the changes. Our FBI check was complete after 8 weeks and the results are now being sent to the agency. The next step is scheduling the home study. I am hoping it won't be much longer after that.

The Smith's said...

Last night I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about our letter, and you know what? I completely forgot to include any contact info! Isn't that kinda ummmm important?