August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Friday, April 9, 2010

Adoption For Us

We knew after we lost our baby and the ability to conceive in March 2009 that we still wanted a little baby to love. We researched all of our options and decided that open adoption was right for us. We talked about it, researched, and talked some more! We knew it was what we wanted to do, but we felt it was out of our league (as it can be very expensive). We held back for some time, mainly due to money, but also emotionally we weren't sure we were ready. I told Nick that 2010 was going to be "our" year. So far it has been good. I have started thinking more about what we could have instead of what we have lost. Everyday I am getting stronger and more optimistic about what the future holds for us. We have started the wheels rolling with our adoption process. Although we have a long road ahead of us, I feel better that we are doing "something" to complete our lives. We are scheduled to attend an adoption seminar on March 6 2010. We are both pretty excited about it. We have decided to work with the agency Independant Adoption Center. We choose them because they have a branch in Raleigh, NC (about 3 hours from us). They have a lot of good feedback and a high score with the Better Business Bureau. They offer counseling for the birthmother and adoptive parents. Also, if the birthmother changes her mind, they would match you with another birthmother. If you're interested in learning more about them, follow this link http://www.adoptionhelp.org/.

We have had tons of support from family and friends, and we can't thank you all enough! Please keep the warm thoughts and prayers going! We welcome any questions or advice. If you have your own adoption story, we would love to hear it.

No comments: