Seven years ago Nick asked me out on a date. My answer was "No, I don't think that's a good idea."
Okay, so I'll explain a little. Obviously it worked out seeing how we are married now :)
A few weeks before Nick rolled into town, my cousin called me and said that a boy was going to be visiting that she thought I would like. At first, she didn't tell me his name, but gave me all kinds of hints, we were in high school together, we went four wheeler riding together, he's in the Coast Guard (I admit I had no idea what that was). I had no idea who it was... and she finally told me his name. Instantly a big goofy grin was on my face.She told me what day he was coming in and asked if I would like to see him. I said, "Sure, I haven't seen him in a long time."
I had always had a crush on Nick in high school (what girl didn't?). We were both super shy, and we did hang around some of the same crowd. We went four wheeling together. I actually rode with him a few times, and put my arms around him because he was driving so fast. (It was suppose to be a "move"... he didn't take to my subtle hints). He joined the CG and moved away. I was friends with his brother, and we were hanging out one night and he said, "My brother's in town." So I said, Well lets go find him! And we did... he was at Sonic, so we pulled up and I ordered some food, and in a super sweet voice I asked Nick if I could sit in his truck to eat. (another one of my sly moves.. again, he didn't get the hint). We did talk a little that night (don't forget we were both shy!) and then we went our separate ways.
Fast forward about 4 years.... that's when my cousin called. I had recently gotten out of a very unhealthy relationship, so I was NOT interested in dating. ANYONE! Although, I was interested in seeing Nick again. He was always some pretty nice eye candy. Anyhow, so I knew what day he was going to be in town, and I admit... I was kinda expecting him to call. A couple days later, I dropped by his mom's store and said "I heard Nick was in town, is he around?" She said he wasn't but she would be sure to tell him and ask him to call me. I spent my lunch hour talking with his mom. (small town, everyone knows everyone else) He didn't call and a week later, I gave up. Why would he want to see me? On a Thursday, I was on my lunch break. I hear my coworker say, "She's on her lunch, but she's probably in the break room, I'll go get her." I hear the sound of her shoes... click, click, click then as she rounds the corner clickclickclick down the hall. I was thinking, "Nice I have to spend my lunch break balancing someone else's checkbook..." I was so not happy to be interrupted for that! She says, "Gina, someone is here to see you." I asked, "Who?" She wouldn't tell me. "Just go see for yourself." she said. So I went out, and there he was. I'm pretty sure my mouth dropped open and I started drooling. He was super fine, in his carhartts and boots. (it WAS deer season). We talked the rest of my lunch hour... just catching up. I couldn't believe how easy it was to talk to him, and I was so nervous. I could hardly look at him!When I told him my lunch was up he asked, "Would you like to go out to eat and watch a movie?" Inside, I was freaking out. I had not been on a "date" since my ex and the thought of thinking about a date was frightening. So I said, "You mean like a date? No, I don't think that's a good idea."
To be continued....
I decided to start this blog so family and friends can keep up with us (and possibly get to know us better). Although technology is so far advanced, it seems difficult to keep in touch with each and every person. Even so, we think of you often. We are starting a new path in our lives and would very much like to share it with those we love. I'll give updates, throw some tidbits of adoption info out there, and tell some of my thoughts and feelings as we go along!
August 2013
Just so you know...
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!
No comments:
Post a Comment