August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Saturday, November 19, 2011

Seven Years Ago Continued

So I left off yesterday at the end of my lunch break. I'll pick up there as well, because after all that's not the end of the story!

I'm pretty sure he was disappointed, when I told him no, but all he said was "Okay, it was good seeing you." BUT I hated to not see him again, if only just to LOOK at! So I said, "Well, how about we get a group of friends together and go bowling or something?"

So we exchanged numbers... (he still has that little piece of paper) and decided to meet the following night at the bowling alley. I invited a bunch of my friends, because this girl was not going on a "date."

Bowling night: I get to the bowling alley, and no one is there. A few friends finally show up, and he still wasn't there. I called my mom. I was FURIOUS! He stood me up! She told me to be patient, that she was sure he would be there. I decided that I would have a good time regardless and I hated to leave after inviting so many people. About 15-20 min later he shows up. I was pissed and wouldn't talk to him. I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of "Nice of you to show up." He apologized, and explained why he was late and by the middle of the evening I forgave him and decided he was fun to hang with. After we were finished bowling, his brother (the one I had been friends with) asked if we wanted to go over to his house to hang out. So we did. And we ended up staying up all night talking. Well, I suppose we fell asleep because I woke up the next morning, and said "CRAP, I need to get home! I'm going to get in so much trouble!" On the way into town to drop him off, I told him that I was going to see my brother for a few days, and asked if he wanted to go with. We ended up leaving the day before Thanksgiving, and I think we were both pretty nervous about spending 3 1/2 hours (one way) in car together, but we ended up having a blast talking and singing. We went to Bass Pro, and then just hung out at their house. We rode around on Travis' rail car and froze our butts off! I had my brother snap this picture of us... and it is the first picture of us together and our first Thanksgiving together!

So we left my brother's house and headed back to our hometown. During the ride I asked, "So where is this going, what are we going to do? Are we gonna try this?" His response "I would really like to."



And that is how we came to be Nick and Gina!

No comments: