August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Friday, August 27, 2010

Breastfeeding Your Baby

I'm very curious about this. I think it is a wonderful thing and I know it's possible to breastfeed adopted babies. Are any of my "adoption" readers planning on doing this? Do you have a website about it that has been useful? How would I go about getting started?

My husband is not sure about it, only because when I tried to breastfeed our daughter, it didn't turn out well. She didn't latch well and we would both end up crying at each feeding. After 5 weeks I decided to start bottle feeding her. Needless to say, Nick had a very difficult time seeing his two girls so upset. Even though it was more difficult that I expected it to be, I'm still willing to try again. I just have no idea where to begin or what to do!

I'm not too worried about it after getting started, I have some amazing friends that I think would be willing to help me and I'm pretty sure there are classes in my area.

Any thoughts or advice is welcome!

3 comments:

SoggyToad said...

I LOVED this site for great nursing information w/ my babies... they have some great "induced lactation and adoptive nursing" guidelines!

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/adoptivebf.html

Anonymous said...

If you can get support from a breatfeeding group or la leche league so that your experience is better this time, you will do fine. I have one bio I nursed and 5 years later nursed my adopted child.

GSmith said...

Soggy - Thanks for the website, LOVE it!

Anon - Thank you as well. I will have to look into LLL in my area.