So today I went shopping for our soon to be niece. I actually had fun picking out little tiny baby clothes. I say that like I didn't think I would, because in all honesty, I didn't know how I would handle it. I've avoided the "baby" section for over a year now. It was too painful to see all those little tiny outfits, and even more painful to see the happy pregnant women going through all those cute little clothes. I admit, at times I still have difficulty being around pregnant women. Here lately it's been harder, because this is the month our little one would've been due....
Now back to the post... after picking out a few outfits, I decided to stop by Hallmark to pick out a card as well. Looking through all the "you're expecting" cards, and "congratulations on your new baby" cards, I happened to glance down and notice adoption cards. I saw three, ONLY THREE, adoption cards. One was congratulations that you are adopting, and the other two were congratulating on adopting. I was a tad shocked and I guess a little disappointed. Shouldn't there be just as many adoption cards, I mean isn't that just as important as "having" your own baby? In my book it certainly is!
I decided to start this blog so family and friends can keep up with us (and possibly get to know us better). Although technology is so far advanced, it seems difficult to keep in touch with each and every person. Even so, we think of you often. We are starting a new path in our lives and would very much like to share it with those we love. I'll give updates, throw some tidbits of adoption info out there, and tell some of my thoughts and feelings as we go along!
August 2013
Just so you know...
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!
4 comments:
I've only recently been venturing into the baby departments. I don't stay too long, but it is a step forward. I have to say I have never seen an adoption card, and I used to work for a greeting card company!
I have to admit I have never seen an adoption card either, but I haven't really been looking. I think it is nice to know there are some out there, even though there can probably be more of a selection.
Oh hun, the things you just can't say break my heart. We love you guys so much... please know that your entire process is in our prayers. *hugs*
Only 2% of people in the U.S. are adopted. I live the life of an adopted person every single day--the world is far less inclusive towards us than they are to an Adoptive Parent trying to buy a card...believe me.
Post a Comment