August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A little background on us

Nick and I were both raised in a small town in southeastern Missouri. We went to high school together and had alot of the same friends. We both were shy, too shy to let each other know that we had a "crush" on each other then. Nick joined the Coast Guard and moved away. After about 5 years (2004), we met up again and began dating. It was a long distance relationship (he was stationed in Alaska, I, still in MO). Soon, we realized we wanted to spend more time with each other. He was transferred to Oregon in the summer of 2005, and I moved out there as well. We married in our hometown in April 2006. In May 2007 we found out I was pregnant with our first child. We both were excited but more nervous and scared than anything! I was sick most of the pregnancy... I didnt have morning sickness, I had all day sickness! About 2 months out of the pregnancy I felt okay. On January 1 2008, our little girl was delivered by c-section. My water had broke earlier that morning and had meconium in it. Through out the day it worsened and later that evening they discovered that she was breech and she needed to get out! She is a healthy and spirited little girl! What a blessing she has been to both of us.

In Dec 2008 we felt like life was perfect! We were expecting our second child! At 17 1/2 weeks of pregnancy (March 2009), we lost our baby. During the d&c, I started massive hemorrhaging, the doctors had no option but to go into an emergency abdominal surgery. They found I had a condition called placenta percreta (the meaning is the abnormal adherence of part or all of the placenta to the uterine wall). In my case, the placenta had grown through my old cesarean scar and engulfed my uterus, attached to my bladder and muscles. In order to save my life, they had to remove my uterus.

What a devasting time it has been for us. Through it all we have stuck together. We have great family and friends that have helped us and continue to be there for us. We moved to North Carolina June 2009 and should be here a few more years. We are now pursuing adoption and watching our little girl grow up before our eyes. She has helped us more than she will ever know!

No comments: