I decided to start this blog so family and friends can keep up with us (and possibly get to know us better). Although technology is so far advanced, it seems difficult to keep in touch with each and every person. Even so, we think of you often. We are starting a new path in our lives and would very much like to share it with those we love. I'll give updates, throw some tidbits of adoption info out there, and tell some of my thoughts and feelings as we go along!
August 2013
Just so you know...
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!
Friday, March 12, 2010
I love my handyman!
I just love how Nick likes to make things for around the house. Not only does it save money, but it has a special meaning. His first project was a night stand for me, I really just wanted a table, but he got all fancy on me and also put a shelf on it! His next project (still in the works) is a toy box for Miss K. We have gone through her toys a couple times now, and she still has tons. I've finally decided that the older kids get, the bigger the toys they have! When Nick asked me about making the toy box, all I said I wanted was a box with a lid, so she can't turn it upside down and dump all the toys out. (Which is what she does with the totes her toys are in now :) ) Once again, he amazes me with what he does... he is very much a perfectionist, and to him it has many flaws, but I don't see them! I only see the work, hours, an love he has put into it. This is the first toy box, and right now we are still letting it air out before we put it in her room. He found these fanagle dangle hinge thingies that won't let the lid slam down! He soon will be working on another toy box for our upstairs living room. I've also asked him to make some bookshelves for me for our downstairs living area. (I'm really excited about those!) I have all kinds of books and dust collector knick knacks that need a home! Here are a few pictures of the first toy box, and I will continue to post pictures as we go along with all our projects!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow! This is the first time I have had time to sit and look at your blog. I love, love, love the toy box. N definately has his dad's furniture building gene! Beautiful. I also thought the pic of K and the dafodil to be very touching. I never knew the meaning of the single dafodil. I will plant some for next year in Baby Dil's honor.
Post a Comment