I can't believe it's been a year ago that we lost our little one! Looking back, I really don't know how I have come this far. This last week has been a rough one, my emotions going all over the place. I still miss him and think about him every day, wishing he were here with us. I know in a sense he is, just not the way I would like. Daffodils (being the March birthflower) remind me of him. They are blooming every where I look, and at times they bring a smile to my face, other times, sadness overwhelms me.
This time also reminds me of friendships that have "gone" a seperate way because of this situation. So many "friends" chose not to talk about it, others changed the subject, many offered their support for a week or two and then I never heard from them again. Of course there were those few that continued to offer support and love. In some crazy way, I feel like if it weren't for these few friends, I wouldn't be sitting here today talking about this. I absolutely appreciate every single person that had a hand in helping us out, but there are certain people that have continued to be there. And these few friends really don't know how much they mean to me.
Our first daffodil of the season!
P - P didnt live around me at that time, nor does she still, but she is a constant support. Phone calls, texts, and ims. She probably knows more about me than any one person (yes that includes my husband). We have had our differences and lost touch for awhile, but now, we are closer than ever. S - She is the one that makes me strong. For some reason I have a hard time breaking down in front of her, so I go see her, or talk to her when I'm at my worst. Most of the time it helps, although sometimes I'm just prolonging the tears and when I'm all alone I let it go.
2 hours later
In full bloom with a minor imperfection. K decided she wanted to pick a petal off... and I caught her in time. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of our flowers blooming!



1 comment:
Gina i miss you more then you will EVER know.... You and your family mean the world to me.....You got me through my rough times too...You know i will never find a more pure,honest,caring and loving friend like you...I miss you
Post a Comment