August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Saturday, January 1, 2011

Address In the Stars

My little girl turned 3 today! Wow, what a day! She's growing up so fast and I'm just not prepared for it. She says, "Now that I'm older I can ______." I'll tell more details of her party on the next post. This one is a little more vulnerable. Today was a rough day for me, and not for the reasons you're probably thinking. Not because K turned three, but because her baby brother should be here celebrating with her. It breaks my heart. I know that she doesn't know any different, but I do. All I wanted was our baby, for K to have a sibling to play with. How I prayed and prayed for it (hearing the news that our baby didn't have a heartbeat) not to be true. I'm still waiting for the day that I can think about it and not cry. I know I've learned so much throughout this whole experience and I know I have tons more to learn. But man, is life unfair! I was lying in bed, trying to sleep. Really I was just crying and thinking about the night I went to the emergency room. I wanted to hear a song I had heard on the radio a long time ago. So I got up and found it and listened to it. Music (all kinds) has always been soothing to me. The song I listened (am listening) to is by Caitlin &Will called Address In The Stars. You can listen to it here. The chorus touches me tonight and pretty much sums up how I'm feeling. "What do I do with all I need to say? So much I wanna tell you everyday. Oh it breaks my heart, I cry these tears in the dark. I write these letters to you, But they get lost in the blue, 'Cause there's no address in the stars."

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I am sorry you were so sad on her birthday! You have been so strong through everything! I am always thinking of you and always here if you need to talk. Sending hugs to you!

SoggyToad said...

Loving and praying for you my friend. *hugs*