Of my hubby that is! He made 1st class and I'm so happy for him! I told him at the beginning of the year that this year was going to be "our year." Our year that life falls into place and great things happen for us! Last year was very difficult for us and I felt that we deserved something better! I don't write about our trying time, not because we are "over" it or because we are "all better," but because it is so personal and I still struggle every day with the loss of our 2nd child. It's something that a person can never "get over" but instead learn to deal with it. Someone recently told me that it was a blessing in disguise. I'm not happy or blessed about the loss of our child, but I do know that it's what was meant to be. Maybe it was to make us appreciate life more, each other, our daughter... who really knows? I'm sure I will never find out the answers to my many questions, but I do know that in this life, I will appreciate those around me a lot more and be thankful for all that I have. I am thankful for my husband, he always supports me even when he doesn't understand my reasoning! I'm thankful that I am able to stay home with our daughter and see all of her milestones. I'm thankful that we are in a position to adopt a little one and that we have tons of support in growing our family this way!
 |
| Big bite! |
|
|
|
It's tradition that when someone advances they buy breakfast or lunch, or I guess whatever everybody wants! Nick decided to take doughnuts to work and I picked up some orange juice as well. K and I went in to see Daddy's pinning ceremony, and of course to have some doughnuts!
 |
| The pinning.. |
|
2 comments:
Congrats guys! You know that, behind every good man stands a great woman, right? :)
ok, I know that I am so late reading this! but I wanted to say Congrats to Nick and you! and the pics were great!
Post a Comment