August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Friday, October 29, 2010

Homestudy Assigned

I just received an email (okay not "just," I read it at midnight last night) that our home study has been assigned to a contract (social) worker and we should hear from her within 2 weeks. I'm not sure exactly what this means other than the fact I was super excited to get this news! I was so excited I almost woke up Nick to tell him.... but then I decided it could wait 6 more hours until we got up!

Really, what does it mean? It means that we will start with our home visits. Home visits = final approval = "on the books" = waiting for a baby! Not that we aren't already waiting, but it's a different kind of wait, as in yes, this IS going to happen. Right now, we are both confident that it is going to happen, but being a realistic person, I do realize that we may not be approved.

It's been a wonderful week for good news! We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I was excited to learn that our home study had been assigned. We finished our interviews and home visit at the beginning of last week and are now just waiting on pins and needles for the social worker to finish writing up our report.

I don't know if the process is the same for a state different than ours, but we each met with her individually at a neutral location for interviews. Then she came to our house for a joint interview. The whole process was a lot less stressful than I led myself to believe it would be.

Good luck!

SoggyToad said...

Oh my! How awesome! I can't wait for you to be ready to start the real wait part :)