August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Small Garden Mishap

This being our first year gardening, we are allowed mistakes right? LOL... we didn't even think to keep track of our planting times! Unfortunately we lost all of our radishes. They don't have a long growing/harvest cycle and we completely missed it! I was so looking forward to some radishes to go along with fresh lettuce from the garden... might I add, the lettuce is very tasty! We also planted our peas a little too late, so we didnt get many because it's now to hot for them. This fall, we are planning on planting some "cool weather" vegetables.
As of now, we have corn, carrots, onions, turnips, garlic, beets, cucumbers, green beans, zucchini, bell peppers, jalepenos, and tomatoes.

I got an awesome zucchini bread recipe from my mom, so I'm looking forward to that! Actually, I'm looking forward to it all!


Our Massive Garden!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Green with Envy!!! We didn't put in a garden this year, as we were in between houses. But I vividly remember the zucchini. The kids even loved it. We had all sorts of zucchini things going on. Let me know if you need some more recipes. I even have one that is a casserole thing. Very tasty. That one is good with eggplant, too.

SoggyToad said...

It's beautiful!

The Smith's said...

Kim - CERTAINLY! I love new recipes! I like to cook and I'm sure that Nick likes for me to fix new things!