While at "home" in Missouri, we received the wonderful news that we are approved for IAC! We were so excited and I have to say, was just as exciting, if not more, than finding out I was pregnant! We are starting on our homestudy. A process I hear is long and very detailed. I can actually take a deep breath, though, because we have struggled this last year to get our finances in a place that we were comfortable with to proceed with adoption. Being approved is a blessing, it made every penny we have saved, and every "toy" we have gone without, worth it! We are going to try (and I do say TRY) to pay with cash. We prefer (as with anything) not to have credit card bills. So here we go! We will be attending the Weekend Intensive May 21st and 22nd. I'm sure I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm so excited!
With that, I've had several people ask about names. We have not picked out names yet... I have a few that I've been thinking about, but I havent run them by N yet. Feel free to throw some at us!
Also, we have mentioned to K a few times about possibly having a baby brother or sister. She says she wants to help feed and rock the baby. She will be such a great big sister!
I have to admit, I just bought our first "baby" item! Now what to do with it? LOL, I have a whole room to fill up with precious baby things! Fun, fun!
I decided to start this blog so family and friends can keep up with us (and possibly get to know us better). Although technology is so far advanced, it seems difficult to keep in touch with each and every person. Even so, we think of you often. We are starting a new path in our lives and would very much like to share it with those we love. I'll give updates, throw some tidbits of adoption info out there, and tell some of my thoughts and feelings as we go along!
August 2013
Just so you know...
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!
No comments:
Post a Comment