August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Story


At the beginning of November we received a call on our adoption line. I didn't get to the phone in time. Honestly, I had been watching a movie and was crying my eyes out,. I didn't think it would make a good impression answering the phone blubbering. A young man left a voicemail (which I STILL have saved on my phone) saying that he and his girlfriend saw our ad online and would like to meet us. ACK! Anyhow, I gathered my wits about me and called back. Voicemail. My initial thought was, "Well, they probably changed their minds."

They did call back though! We talked for a bit and decided to meet the following day. Nick was out of town on his annual hunting trip, so that left me! EEK!  Our friend Stephanie rode down with me to ease Nick's mind with me traveling alone with Miss K. I loved them immediately! I love Agirls's out outspokenness (which is something I don't have! so I totally admire that in her) and I love that Aboy isn't afraid to show his feelings. They let me see baby's ultrasound pictures and Agirl let me feel him kick! I admit, I was pretty nervous about all that, because I'm a woman and I get caught up in that sort of thing but I'm SO glad I got that opportunity! Riding home that night, Steph and I were talking about it, and I hate to even say it, but comparing. Stephanie had also met K and her family and she said upon meeting them she did not get a good feeling, she said immediately she felt anxious. Upon meeting A and A, she felt at ease and it felt like visiting friends we haven't seen in a while. I remember talking to Nick that night and said, "Nick, I think this is the reason why the K thing didn't work out." After talking with our agency the following day, I received a huge hand slap for not following protocol. Basically I decided on my own to go see them without giving the agency a head's up. Nick and I felt like they failed us in our previous match, not to mention various other things that we were(are) very disappointed in, and decided that with any other situation we would handle it how we wanted. Right away the agency told us to back off from this situation. Nick and I decided and told the agency over and over again that we wanted to proceed. We knew the risks and we were okay with that... We understand but we also had hope that this was going to work out. Scared to hell, yes, but we had a sliver of hope.

I'm not going to go into specific details about A and A because I do feel they are private and that is for them to share, but I'm not going to leave yall in the dark either! Since Nick wasn't home we made plans to visit over Thanksgiving break. Our agency had advised us against going to see them and then the day before encouraged us to and said that it looked like if everything went well it looked like we might be matching the following week! On the way down, I told Nick "No pressure or anything, but I know they already like me, so it's all you now!" We had a nice visit and we tentatively made plans to visit again over Christmas break. After visiting with them, we didn't hear anything from the agency about matching. I think Nick and I were both a little disappointed, but we were okay with it too. I knew they still liked us because they were still texting us, but we were still uncertain where this might be going.

***I want to add in here too, that after the failed match Nick and I said that whatever we decided we would try our hardest to protect Miss K's heart. It was an absolute mess having to deal with her emotions after the failed match. Miss K definitely was around A and A, as we felt that it was important for her to be but we never explained to her who they *could* be. When we told Miss K that we were going to visit A and A she would say, "WOOHOO!" She absolutely loved Agril! The first time we met Agirl colored with Miss K and totally won her over, that meant so much to me!! The fact that Miss K was always excited to see them really stuck out in my head :)

During Christmas break A and A expressed that they would like to come to our house for the next meeting. I let them know of our available dates and also invited them to Miss K's b-day party. They decided to come to her party. I was so nervous! The prior visits I wasn't very nervous, but this one I was - majorly. I don't know if it was because it was our house, or Miss K's party or what. Agirl showed me her newest ultrasound pics. And she was just so darn cute! Our previous visits, I was never real sure where this situation was going. This visit, though, (after everyone left) felt different. I can't really explain it, but Nick and I both noticed there was a difference.

A few days later I heard from IAC that they were ready to match! We were SO excited (and scared!). Agirl was due around Feb 12th. The end of Jan we made plans to get together and go shopping for little man. I was pretty nervous about this trip. Nick hates to shop (typical guy I guess) and he made it very obvious! But we had a good time! At that time little guy was due in 2 1/2 weeks and I kept thinking what if she goes into labor right now! Ha, but he was content during that trip.

On Feb 7th Aboy texts me that we should get our bags packed because Agirl's body was getting ready, and that he would keep me posted. About 2 hours later he called to let me know we should probably head to the hospital! I called Nick to come home and finished up last minute packing (especially for Miss K.) and trying to get it into the car. Nick came home and we decided to grab dinner on the way. We were thinking we had plenty of time - It takes 5 hours to get there and she was dilated to a 4 at 8 pm. We and nurses were thinking about 2 in the morn. Plenty of time right!? A little after 10 Aboy's mom texted me and said she was dilated to a NINE! Holy crap! We were still an hour out (damn dinner)  and then we had to take detour because there was a bad wreck (damnit again!). Anyhow a little later I get the text "Your son was born at 2245" I was overwhelmed, I was so happy, sad (that I couldn't be there) and scared. We arrived about 40 minutes later and met the little guy that became our son.

The thing I can't stop thinking of: I planted some daffodils in honor of our sweet little JB a few years ago. I have several planted but one is all by itself and each year if others come up around it I pull them because that one is Josephs flower. On the 7th, when we came home from ballet I noticed that single daffodil was blooming.

There are a lot of other little things that I have contemplated a lot on that one day I will probably talk about but right now this sweet little guy is needing me :)







 

No comments: