August 2013

Just so you know...

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Tad Bit

Yes, it's true we have a tad bit of good news. When we started on our adoption journey, it was our goal to be "on the books" by the end of this year. I'm still uncertain on whether or not this is going to take place, because a lot of the process is out of our hands. BUT we received an email today that our website has been approved! It won't go live until our file is approved and we have letters in the Pleasant Hill office, but I'm still pretty stoked! When we started working on our paperwork, we decided to get all of the documents together and then send it in. As in an earlier post, I mailed to the wrong address, but IAC did receive our packet. I overlooked a few items, and I sent (to the correct address this time!) those off today. They have also received our FBI fingerprint clearances. Our text and photographs have been approved for our letter as well as the "prettied" version. I got the go ahead on ordering the proof of the letter to send to the agency. I ordered it Fri (I think) so it should be here this week. I'm actually pretty excited about seeing it in person!

Nick doesn't show emotion that often, he's easy going and doesn't get stressed out about much. I on the other hand, always show emotion, I'm pretty easy going as well, but I stress out about everything! Tonight, though, when we were talking about our website and well, just the whole process, I could tell that he was getting excited. I think maybe it's becoming a little more real to him. He had all these questions for me about when we would have our home study visits, what they would be about, and what not. I really didn't know what to tell him! So... I did what I usually do when I don't know the answers about something, I turn to by adoption blogger friends! I still didn't find the exact answers, mainly because I got distracted, but I was able to read some awesome blogs! I love how I read on one blog and then another one catches my eye, and so on and so on. So here's a blog that I love reading. I love the sense of humor, and what I love most is that it's obvious how much this family loves each other! I've read back on this blog from the beginning of their adoption journey and it so inspires me!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Oh wow, thanks so much! I love adoption blogs too so I had to click your link to see who this family was. I thought something was wrong when MY blog appeared! That's why we put our stories out though isn't it? We start by looking for all the help we can get, and once we get going, that information we documented helps others on their own journey.

I did want to comment about the web site. Our site was done a few months before we went on the books and when approved by IAC, I set it live right away. My feeling is, if a woman finds you via your site she isn't really going to need a letter. As long as your home study is approved, who cares about the letter process which is too long and drawn out anyway IMO. I'd turn it on. If you get a contact and the letter is the only thing you have left to wait for, I can't see how IAC would hold it up. The letter is one of your marketing tools, as is the website. If one works before the other is finished, who cares?

Don't get me wrong I love IAC, they dragged out our process but we only waited three weeks for our match, so they were on target as far as what our formats should look like. However, my main issue with them is things (everything) move way too slowly and if you can jump a hoop, jump it.