The hubster has been bugging me for months to "let" him buy a new motorcycle. Time and time again he has heard the same answer, "Not until our new baby is home." To which he replied the first time I said this, "You mean, as soon as we walk in the door and y'all (yes he says y'all) are fine, I can go to the dealership and pick one out?" Really!? I said, "Well, if you feel it is that important."
Let me say this, Nick and I rarely argue, we both are people that choose our battles. This is not one that I choose to get upset over, instead we laugh and joke about it. Of course, one of his buddies has also been scheming with Nick to get a new bike. As I was talking to H one night, "Nick should sell his truck, and then he can buy a new motorcycle. Next year (boat season) he'll have to buy a new truck too. See it all works out....." Ummm, no! But I do love listening to all of H's plans... I'm sure they make sense to him! :)
I received a text from Nick yesterday letting me know that he was going to make 1st class. We have known for awhile that he was "close," but didn't know exactly when or if it would actually take place. I'm so proud of him! I later texted back and asked how much more money a month he would be making. (I am in charge of the money, and I keep a pretty tight reign, hence him asking me to buy a bike) The text I received back? "Enough to buy a motorcycle" I had the sneaking suspicion that Nick didn't write this text but rather H did.
And... I was right! So as we were talking about his advancement I gave him the go ahead on buying another motorcycle. He smiled like a little boy making his first home run! And that warmed my heart. So now what is he doing? Looking for a dealership to go get a new motorcycle!
I decided to start this blog so family and friends can keep up with us (and possibly get to know us better). Although technology is so far advanced, it seems difficult to keep in touch with each and every person. Even so, we think of you often. We are starting a new path in our lives and would very much like to share it with those we love. I'll give updates, throw some tidbits of adoption info out there, and tell some of my thoughts and feelings as we go along!
August 2013
Just so you know...
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! *te he* Good luck to him as he searches!
Post a Comment