I decided to start this blog so family and friends can keep up with us (and possibly get to know us better). Although technology is so far advanced, it seems difficult to keep in touch with each and every person. Even so, we think of you often. We are starting a new path in our lives and would very much like to share it with those we love. I'll give updates, throw some tidbits of adoption info out there, and tell some of my thoughts and feelings as we go along!
August 2013
Just so you know...
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my, er I mean "our' blog. When the mood hits me I write about something. I don't mean to offend anyone... certainly not my goal. I just want people to learn about us and get to know us better. We like comments, so feel free to post some!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Here I Go!
On my 29th birthday I vowed that by my 30th birthday that I was going to be in the best shape of my life. What was I thinking?!I've always loved being in shape, and I'm one of those weirdos that actually enjoys working out. I have struggled a lot over the last several years with my self image, and especially in the last year or so. After I had Khila, I was down to my pre-baby weight within 6 weeks and after 9 months I was smaller than I had been in years! With my 2nd pregnancy I gained weight FAST! I was, at 4 months the same size I had been with Khila at 7 months! It has been difficult to get back down to my pre-baby weight this time around. And here it is 17 months later! I'm determined to lose this "baby" weight. After all, I have no baby to even show for it! That's probably what irritates me most about it. So back to that first sentence!I have decided to start running again, which is something that I kinda missed, but it was just too bloomin' hot to run during the summer! In addition I've been doing ZUMBA, which is pretty fun even though this white girl has no rhythm whatsoever! Nick keeps asking me to video tape myself so he can have a good chuckle over it. I also just got my new bike trailer, so no more excuses on riding! (Which by the way I LOVE, it's a double seater, also can be used as a double jogging stroller- one of the main reason's I chose it, and it came with all the extras to make into a stroller) Okay, so here I go! I'm gonna do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah! Sign up for the Shamrock with me! :) You'll have till the end of December to prepare to train... I know you can do it!
I've been kickin it around....
Post a Comment